Beautiful 2014 Brush Creek wooden Melonseed
at a very good price
Located near Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 - 7
The following information was provided by the seller:
2014 Melonseed built by Brush Creek Yachts. It is a beautiful wooden boat that has fiberglass cloth inside and outside. It sails just like a Crawford Melonseed. The sail is on a halyard so it can be raised or lowered on the water. The boat is also designed to take a sliding seat for rowing. It does take longer to set up than a Crawford Melonseed. I like the boat, but I want to trade up to a bigger boat.
The boat can be picked up during the Christmas holidays or the summer. It is at a lake cottage near Fredericksburg Virginia. I am a teacher from Pennsylvania, with summers off, which I spend at the cottage.
Melonseed built in 2014 and is currently located at lake of the Woods 15 miles west of Fredericksburg Virginia.
· Brush Creek Yachts hull #9
· A beautiful all wooden boat (covered with fiberglass cloth and epoxy)
· LOA 13' 8"
· Beam 4' 4"
· Weight 220 lbs
· Cockpit length 6' 1"
· Dagger board model
· Hull color: white
· Deck color: tan and Boat bottom color: tan
· Dacron sail color: Dark red with canvas sail bag
· Sail area 65 sq. ft.
· Boat cover
· Two Brush Creek Yacht spruce oars
· Douglas Fir mast and spars varnished
· Spars, Douglas Fir, (3x) length 10' 0",
· Leather chafe guards on spars
· Rowing seat with dagger board top plug along with a foot stop for rowing
· 2014 Galvanized custom fit trailer with 2" ball hitch.
· Very low mileage trailer
· Boat and all items in excellent condition
· Boat always stored in garage
· All equipment, will stow inside the boat
· Made to the Smithsonian/Chappelle offsets
· Strip planked from repurposed and reclaimed Atlantic White Cedar from a warehouse in Plymouth, NC.
· NC mountain grown white oak for the steam bent frames with NC old growth coastal Cyprus keel deck beams and oil finished floor boards.
· Hull is encapsulated with epoxy and glass cloth inside and out
· A natural varnish interior with the outside hull a beautiful Awlgrip paint system
· Coamings, rub rail, transom and trim are mahogany
· The sail halyard and sprit snotter can be hoisted and tensioned from inside the cockpit. This feature is unique to Brush Creek yachts Melonseed build and eliminates the need for brailing or scandalizing the sail. The sail is hoisted up on the mast in a track. The boat can be launched with sail down and then hoisted when underway or the sail can be brought down within seconds when required. NOTE: that the boat will take longer to rig than a Crawford Melonseed, because the sail is on a track with a halyard.
· Canvas Spar covers, sail bag, mast cover, dagger board cover
· The boat has been designed to attach to a sliding seat for sliding seat rowing. The sliding seat must be purchased from “Adirondack Guideboats” for around $300
All inquiries should be made to Roger Crawford by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 781.837.3666